1) Which HK funds gathered the most assets in 2017? (31 Jan 2018)
JP Morgan handily beat all rivals in gathering new assets in its Hong Kong-domiciled bond and mixed asset funds, as investors retreated from pure equity products, Morningstar data shows.
2) Which SG funds gathered the most assets in 2017? (20 Feb 2018)
The Singapore-domiciled funds with the highest inflows in 2017 were from Schroders and UOB, while a Fullerton fund had the highest net outflows.
3) Why GSAM thinks AI is a valuable tool for quants (08 May 2018)
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technologies have opened new ways to harvest data for insights, but human judgment is essential to the process, argues Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s Gary Chropuvka.
4) What Citi PB looks for under the hood (14 Aug 2018)
Fund selection involves seeing exactly what’s underneath the sometimes creative description of the product, according to Julie Koo, managing director, head of Citi investment management sales for Asia-Pacific.
5) 2017 leaders and laggards – fixed income (8 Jan 2018)
European high yield and emerging market bond funds top the list of best performing fixed income funds available for Hong Kong and Singapore investors, while US dollar and global bond funds underperformed.
6) UBS Wealth in big hedge fund push (30 May 2018)
UBS Wealth Management is recommending clients allocate up to 20% of their assets to hedge funds as a diversifier, especially in an environment where interest rates and volatility are increasing, according to the firm’s executives.
7) BMO Global aims at wholesale market (6 Sept 2018)
In Hong Kong, the Canadian firm recently launched an actively-managed balanced fund that invests in ETFs, as management sets its sights on the wholesale market.
8) Fidelity HY manager eyes China property bonds (19 Apr 2018)
Industry consolidation in China’s property development market has made the separation between winners and losers more clear and improved valuations in the sector, said Bryan Collins, lead manager of Fidelity Asian High Yield Fund.
9) Thailand’s foreign fund assets continue surge (29 Aug 2018)
Assets in foreign investment funds in Thailand soared 60% to $17bn this year compared to 2016 as Thai investor appetite for global funds continues to rise.
10) Lessons learned from investment mistakes (15 Aug 2018)
Fund managers from NN IP, Janus Henderson, Neuberger Berman and Nikko AM share what they have learned from past investment mistakes.