E Fund Management has become the latest firm in Hong Kong to have its funds approved for sale locally to retail investors.
The Hong Kong Dollar Money Market Fund is already available for sale to investors, while the E Fund (HK) Short Duration Investment Grade Bond Fund has not yet been launched, according to the regulator’s records.
The asset manager, which is the subsidiary of Guangzhou-based E Fund, has two other funds that were approved by the SFC in 2018: the Global Emerging Markets Leading Enterprise Fund, approved in September, and the Growth Bond Fund, approved in July. However, neither have yet been launched.
In Hong Kong, the firm manages seven mutual funds, three exchange-trade funds (ETFs) and two leveraged and inverse (L&I) products, according to its website. For its L&I products, the firm partnered with Taipei-based Yuanta Securities, which is a major player in Taiwan’s ETF and L&I market.
Collectively, E Fund and its subsidiaries in China and Hong Kong managed $200bn in assets as of the end of June.
In total, the SFC approved 10 funds in December:
- E Fund (HK) Short-Duration Investment Grade Bond Fund
- E Fund (HK) Hong Kong Dollar Money Market Fund
- Loomis Sayles Multisector Income Fund
- Allianz Best Styles Global Equity Fund
- Allianz Global Floating Rate Notes Plus Fund
- Allianz Global Water Fund
- China Post Global Fixed Income Fund
- Fidelity Funds – First All Country World Fund
- Fidelity Funds – Greater China Multi Asset Growth and Income Fund
- CFund – China Equity Fund