Fund Selector Asia hosted our flagship Investment Forum Singapore LIVE and in-person on 15 March 2022
Global pressures on financial markets caused by the Covid pandemic were exacerbated by the geo-political and economic implications of the invasion of Ukraine. Higher inflation resulting from the stimulus packages used to tackle the Covid pandemic would undoubtedly result in central banks having to raise interest rates numerous times over the following 12-18 months. Rising commodity prices caused by supply chain pressures and the geo-political turmoil would likely accelerate also.
This volatile and complex environment created challenging markets for both bond and equity investors but as always there were opportunities to be taken advantage of.
Our partners at the Fund Selector Asia Investment Forum Singapore presented, examined, and discussed strategies that protect capital and achieve positive returns in tumultuous times:
- 0:06:15 – Jupiter strategic absolute return bond fund [Jupiter Asset Management]
- 0:26:55 – Opportunities in listed real estate – a core holding for investors [Janus Henderson Investors]
- 0:47:55 – Water and waste – The dual investment opportunity [J O Hambro Capital Management]
- 1:10:50 – Investing with impact in mind [Columbia Threadneedle Investments]
- 1:34:55 – Panel discussion